This program is designed to develop the marketable skills necessary to function in the field of accounting. The program provides entry-level training for those individuals interested in the area of accounting. It also provides training for those who need basic accounting computer knowledge for effective small business operations. The Certificate requires a total of 27 hours, including nine (9) hours in accounting.
For More Information Contact:
School of Business and Information Technology
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7639
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Analyze the impact of business transactions on the accounting equation.
- Prepare and analyze a standard set of financial statements for internal and external purposes.
- Journal and post all entries and prepare all trial balances required to complete the accounting cycle.
- Calculate product costs under various costing methods.
- Demonstrate the use of various Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Search careers for Accounting Assistant graduates at TCC Career Explorer and visit TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
Network with other students and practice your business skills through membership in Phi Beta Lambda. For more information, ask any business faculty or inquire at the Student Life office on any campus.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study on the Accounting Assistant Program Map.