This program is designed to develop marketable skills in accounting software and computer applications while providing upgraded training for those individuals already employed in the area of accounting who desire advancement. It also provides training in accounting and computer software to provide knowledge for effective small business operations for business owners, managers and employees. The certificate requires a total of 30 credit hours, including 21 hours in accounting.
For More Information Contact:
School of Business and Information Technology
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7639
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Analyze the impact of business transactions on the accounting equation.
- Prepare and analyze a standard set of financial statements for internal and external purposes.
- Export data from software packages to Microsoft Excel and save as PDFs.
- Perform the monthly bank reconciliation and find and correct any errors.
- Set up and open a company using various software systems.
- Define the underlying concepts and terms fundamental to the understanding of Accounting and Computer Software Systems.
- Describe and define computer terminology terms, including transaction processing, relational database and Enterprise Resource Management systems terminology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Search careers for Accounting Software Application Specialist graduates at TCC Career Explorer and visit TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
Participation in Phi Beta Lambda is a great way to practice your business skills while networking with other business students at TCC. For more information, talk to any business faculty or visit a Student Life office on campus.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study on the Accounting Software Application Specialist Program Map.