This program is designed to develop the marketable accounting skills necessary to work in the area of income tax and provides upgraded training for those people already employed in the area of accounting or taxation who desire career advancement. It also provides basic accounting or taxation knowledge for effective small business operations for business owners, managers, or employees. The certificate requires a total of 24 credit hours, including 15 in accounting, with nine (9) hours specific to taxation.
For More Information Contact:
School of Business and Information Technology
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7639
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Analyze the impact of business transactions on the accounting equation.
- Prepare and analyze a standard set of financial statements for internal and external purposes.
- Journal and post all entries and prepare all trial balances required to complete the accounting cycle.
- Designate proper filing status under different taxpayer circumstances.
- Calculate and report taxable income and tax liability for individuals and corporations.
- Calculate and report partnership ordinary income/(loss).
- Demonstrate an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Search careers for Income Tax Specialist graduates at TCC Career Explorer and visit TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
Network with other business students and put your newly acquired skills to practice through membership in Phi Beta Lambda, a student organization for the Future Business Leaders of America. For more information speak to any business faculty or stop by a Student Life office on campus.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study on the Income Tax Specialist Program Map.