This program is designed to develop the marketable accounting skills necessary to work in the field of payroll administration while providing upgraded training for individuals already employed in the area of accounting or payroll who desire career advancement. It also provides basic accounting and payroll knowledge to business owners, managers, or employees needed for effective small business operations. The certificate requires a total of 21 credit hours, including 12 hours in accounting.
For More Information Contact:
School of Business and Information Technology
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7639
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Analyze the impact of business transactions on the accounting equation.
- Prepare and analyze a standard set of financial statements for internal and external purposes.
- Journal and post all entries and prepare all trial balances required to complete the accounting cycle.
- Process payroll transactions and prepare the related documentation.
- Calculate employee gross pay, withholdings, and net pay, and associated employer payroll taxes.
Search careers for Payroll Administration Specialist graduates at TCC Career Explorer and visit TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
Network with other business students and practice your newly acquired skills through membership in Phi Beta Lambda, a student organization for Future Business Leaders of America. For more information speak to any business faculty or stop by the Student Life office on campus.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study on the Payroll Administration Specialist Program Map .