2017-2018 College Catalog
Health, Human Performance & Physical Education AS, Health & Human Performance Option
This program is for students who are interested in careers in health promotion/education, exercise science, kinesiology, athletic training, recreation, or public health in a variety of settings, including corporate, hospital-based, community, government and private enterprise.
For More Information Contact: School of Science and Mathematics
Metro Campus: (918) 595-7334 ♦ Northeast Campus: (918) 595-7542
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7742 ♦ West Campus: (918) 595-8193
Program Learning Outcomes
After successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Analyze the behavioral, historical, psycho-social, or philosophical aspects of health and human performance.
- Develop a behavioral modification plan for the health and fitness of a subject.
- Analyze the basic concepts of nutrition.
- Evaluate a subject’s wellness profile.
- Identify the anatomical, physiological, and mechanical structures of the human body.
- Successfully complete first aid certification.
- Communicate effectively using verbal and non-verbal, written, and/or multimedia modes.
- Apply mathematical calculations as it relates to health and human performance.
Search careers related to Health and Human Performance at TCC Career Explorer and visit TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
Students in this major will benefit from participation in the Club of Medical and Natural Sciences at the southeast campus or the Sci-π Club at the west campus. For more information speak with any science faculty or inquire at the Student Life office on campus.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study and information on how this degree transfers to other colleges and universities on the Health and Human Performance Degree Map.