The Business Application Specialist Certificate is designed to provides graduates with the diversity of business and applications software skills needed to effectively use application software in a business setting and prepare for the Microsoft Certified Application Specialist Exam (MCAS) exams in Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Windows and PowerPoint and the Application Professional certification.
For More Information Contact:
School of Business and Information Technology
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7639
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Review and analyze organization business needs; confer with users to evaluate requirements, discuss solutions and develop plan of approach.
- Analyze and design program logic, screen layouts, reports, station criteria and testing criteria to support development of new or enhanced systems.
- Perform all aspects of systems design including writing required programs, testing and evaluation of new processes and implementation of new applications.
- Prepare program documentation to support new or enhanced systems and applications.
- Coordinate user acceptance, performance stress, regression and integration testing; making changes and corrections as needed.
- Participate in structured walk-throughs and other activities to review systems and provide training and support.
- Perform ongoing maintenance and review of applications systems and programs; identify problems and develops appropriate solutions.
Search for careers related to this field of study at TCC Career Explorer and visit TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
Students are encouraged to join Phi Beta Lambda, a student organization for Future Business Leaders of America. For more information speak to any business or information technology faculty or stop by the Student Life office on campus.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study on the IT Certificate, Business Application Specialist Program Map.