This program is designed for students who wish to acquire knowledge and skills needed to trouble shoot and implement a course of action necessary to solve customer hardware, software, and networking problems. Entry competencies include basic knowledge of PCs and familiarity with the Windows operating system. On completion of coursework, students may sit for certification exams from CompTIA and Microsoft.
For More Information Contact:
School of Business and Information Technology
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7639
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program students will be prepared to:
- Work with nontechnical users and communicate in such a way to successfully solve their technical problems.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and secure various hardware and software to include desktops, laptops, mobile devices and printers and their respective operating systems.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and secure various types of networks.
- Sit for the CompTIA A+ industry certification exam.
- Sit for the CompTIA Network+ industry certification exam.
- Sit for the Microsoft Windows Server certification exams.
Search careers related to System Support at TCC Career Explorer and visit TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
Students are encouraged to join Phi Beta Lambda, a student organization for Future Business Leaders of America. For more information speak with any business or information technology faculty or stop by the Student Life office on campus.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study on the IT Certificate, System Support Technicican Program Map.