This program provides an in-depth study of spoken and written French and prepares students to use the French language as a career skill. The courses are designed to emphasize acquisition of competency sufficient to communicate orally and in writing with a native speaker of the French language on a professional or work-related basis. TCC instructional methods infuse technology into the learning process, which increases access to resources for the language. Graduates find a variety of positions with government or social organizations and firms involved with speakers of the target language (translating, interpreting, investments, accounting, banking, education, publishing, manufacturing, sales, service, and travel).
For More Information Contact:
School of Liberal Arts & Communication
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7694
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Communicate orally in the target language in most social situations.
- Understand the meaning of written texts.
- Identify the meaning of spoken French in most social situations.
- Write grammatically and analytically in French.
- Compare and contrast significant historical and/ or current developments and traditions in your home culture and French and Francophone culture.
Search careers related to foreign language studies at TCC Career Explorer and visit TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
French majors will benefit from participation in the French Language Association. For more information speak with any French faculty or inquire at the Student Life Office on campus.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study on the World Languages Certificate, French Option Program Map.