This program provides the foundational coursework and knowledge for students planning to transfer to a four-year university to complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). You should work closely with an academic advisor each semester to make certain you are enrolled in the correct courses for a seamless transfer process and you are encouraged to begin a dialogue with your intended transfer school as early as possible. Early coordination between TCC academic advisors and advisors from selected four-year institutions can streamline the transfer process. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that he/she understands the program/admission/transfer requirements for the transfer school.
For More Information Contact: School of Science and Mathematics
Metro Campus: (918) 595-7334 ♦ Northeast Campus: (918) 595-7542
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7742 ♦ West Campus: (918) 595-8193
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Evaluate biological hypotheses using the scientific method.
- Use appropriate laboratory equipment and techniques to conduct experiments and perform procedures.
- Evaluate information from a variety of sources and assess its credibility, usefulness and relevance.
- Describe the structure and function of the human body.
- Predict the effect of various stimuli on homeostasis.
- Discuss host-microbe interactions as related to human health.
- Communicate biological information using oral, written and/or digital presentation techniques.
Search careers in Nursing at TCC Career Explorer and visit TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
Students in this major will benefit from participation in the Club of Medical and Natural Sciences at the southeast campus or the Sci-π Club at the west campus. For more information speak with any science faculty or inquire at the Student Life office on campus.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study and information on how this degree transfers to other colleges and universities on the Pre-Nursing Degree Map.