If you are interested in helping people return to self-sufficiency and your goal is to become an occupational therapist, this degree will provide you with the coursework and knowledge for transfer to a four-year institution to complete a bachelor’s degree that will then prepare you for admission into a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program. You should work closely with an academic advisor each semester to make certain you are enrolled in the correct courses for a seamless transfer process and you are encouraged to begin a dialogue with your intended transfer school as early as possible. Early coordination between TCC academic advisors and advisors from selected four-year institutions can streamline the transfer process. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that he/she understands the program/admission/transfer requirements for the transfer school.
For More Information Contact: School of Science and Mathematics
Metro Campus: (918) 595-7334 ♦ Northeast Campus: (918) 595-7542
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7742 ♦ West Campus: (918) 595-8193
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Apply core concepts of biology when explaining biological processes.
- Apply scientific method to solve problems.
- Illustrate scientific data using graphs, tables, or text.
- Integrate knowledge from several disciplines around a clinical theme.
- Communicate biological information using oral, written or digital presentation techniques.
- Identify issues involving biology in society.
- Use biological instrumentation and proper laboratory techniques.
- Find and evaluate scientific literature.
- Describe body movements using anatomical terminology.
Search careers in Occupational Therapy at TCC Career Explorer and visit TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
Students in this major will benefit from participation in the Club of Medical and Natural Sciences at the southeast campus or the Sci-π Club at the west campus. For more information speak with any science faculty or inquire at the Student Life office on campus.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study and information on transferring this degree to other colleges and universities on the Pre-Occupational Therapy Degree Map.