This certificate is designed for students seeking project management skills to complement their chosen career, and for professionals preparing for Project Management Institute (PMI®) Certification. Students will gain the foundational knowledge and skills needed to participate in and lead successful projects in information technology and other industries where the ability to work as a part of a team and respond to changes in real-time is critical. Proficiency in teamwork, leadership, ethical, and communication skills will be attained. Courses are taught using a hands-on, real-world, team-based approach employing essential project management software and mobile technologies.
PMI® is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
For More Information Contact:
School of Business and Information Technology
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7639
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Create a project plan using Microsoft Project.
- Create a project plan using Microsoft Excel.
- Devise a risk assessment plan for a scheduled or current project.
- Apply methods of project management to current or proposed projects as proposed by the Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Monitor and control a project through the systematic use of Earned Value Management.
- Provide a team centered environment that facilitates project success and team member growth.
Search careers related to Project Management at TCC Career Explorer and visit TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
Membership in Phi Beta Lambda will provide you with opportunities to practice your newly acquired project management skills outside of the classroom while networking with other business students. For more information, speak to any business faculty or stop by a Student Life office on campus.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study on the Project Management Certificate Program Map.