The Tulsa Community College Theatre program strives to set the standard of excellence for two-year training programs. The theatre program prepares students for transfer to four-year institutions as a theatre major or to pursue other fields, such as education, business management, or communications, among others, with the kind of experience only a theatre program can provide.
For More Information Contact:
School of Visual and Performing Arts
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7752
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Define the roles of each component in a theatrical team. Perform one or more of these roles dependably, competently, and resourcefully as part of a team working collaboratively.
- Analyze text as it relates to performances that embody the playwright’s and director’s intentions.
- Select, prepare, and present representative and varied scenes and monologues from a range of sources, integrating theory and process in the creation of character.
- Demonstrate the use body and voice effectively as the actor’s instruments of communication in a scene or monologue.
- Assemble, rehearse, and perform a well-suited personal audition package.
- Identify the different steps in the process of theatre design, recognizing the differences between various types of theatre spaces and their respective applications and uses.
- Identify and properly use the tools and materials of theatre production.
- Memorize and consistently adhere to theatre safety guidelines.
- Identify major developments in theatre from historical, cultural, and stylistic perspective.
Search careers related to Theatre at TCC Career Explorer and visit TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
Theatre majors are encouraged to join Delta Psi Omega. Membership in the local chapter at TCC is open to all theatre majors and theatre students.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study and information on transferring this degree to other colleges and universities on the Theatre Degree Map.