This program offers a broad education in the principles and practical applications of fire and emergency medical services. Successful students will earn required state and national certifications necessary for securing employment with fire departments, industrial firms, governmental agencies, fire protection companies, healthcare agencies, and emergency medical services agencies. The certificate will help prepare graduates for work in many roles in fire and health care agencies as well as other similar occupations. The program may be completed in three semesters of full-time academic work after completing prerequisite courses BIOL 1314 and FEMS 1214.
Procedures for Application
Complete all Tulsa Community College application and entry requirements. Requires current National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician certification and application to the program. Application materials may be obtained from the School of Engineering & Applied Technology at Northeast Campus (contact information below). Applicants will be screened according to FEMS program policies.
For More Information Contact:
School of Engineering & Applied Technology
Northeast Campus: (918) 595-7290
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program you will be able to:
- Integrate the principles of history taking and techniques of physical exam to perform a comprehensive patient assessment.
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate knowledge, skills, and professional behavior to successfully manage all aspects of a trauma and medical emergencies as a team leader.
- Advocate for all patients including those with physical, mental, social and financial challenges.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate through both through the written and oral medium as well as demonstrating interpersonal communication skills.
- Integrate pathophysiological principles and the assessment findings to formulate a field impression and implement a treatment plan.
- Defend and advocate the need for a culture of safety.
Search for careers related to this field of study at TCC Career Explorer and visit TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
View a semester-by-semester plan of study on the Healthcare Specialist/Paramedic Certificate Program Map.