This program is designed to provide students the opportunity to engage in a hands-on approach to marketing and prepare the student for successful employment in a marketing position. Students will learn the essentials of marketing, how to create professional sales presentations, develop advertising campaigns, write press releases, develop marketing websites, conduct market research and much more. The marketing job market remains strong with high salary potential. Graduates of the program qualify for many marketing career opportunities including assistant buyer, customer service consultant, data analyst, event coordinator, marketing assistant, project manager, sales representative, web designer, graphic editor, and telemarketing representative. The program also allows for marketing internship opportunities.
For More Information Contact:
School of Business and Information Technology
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7639
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Define the steps involved in Personal Selling and create successful professional sales presentations.
- Create and present a professional marketing and promotional media plan including the creation of advertising pieces such as television advertising storyboard, billboard ad, magazine advertisement, newspaper advertisement, and promotional pieces.
- Identify marketing theory including the marketing mix, promotional mix, product strategies, pricing strategies, distribution and supply chain management components, and promotional strategies.
- Identify demographic data for the American marketplace and define and demonstrate examples of market research practices.
- Develop and demonstrate effective customer service techniques including written and oral presentation of ideas.
- Identify psychological and sociological influences on consumer decision making related to selling, advertising, retailing, and business and marketing strategy.
- Create a marketing website or enhance a business or marketing plan with an Internet or Social Media element.
Search careers in Marketing at TCC Career Explorer and visit TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
Expand your professional network and collaborate with other business students through Phi Beta Lambda. For more information speak to any business faculty or stop by the Student Life office on campus.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study on the Business AAS, Marketing Option Degree Map.