This major is designed to prepare students for a career in the human resources profession. Due to the fact that nearly all corporations have a human resources department, solid growth in this profession is predicted over the next ten years. This program is designed for both individuals starting out in human resources and those currently employed in human resources. Students gain a comprehensive knowledge in human resources along with the people skills greatly desired in today’s business world.
For More Information Contact:
School of Business and Information Technology
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7639
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Synthesize information of core HR functions and processes to develop a comprehensive HR strategy that aligns with organizational strategy.
- Develop and implement HR employee performance measures that support HR strategy.
- Design training programs and interventions employing training design and implementation frameworks.
- Propose a compensation and employee benefit program that attracts, retains, and motivates workforce Employees.
- Develop a recruiting and staffing process that attracts qualified talent and places talent using valid and reliable staffing tools and processes.
- Prepare a HR compliance program that recognizes relevant employee laws and promotes a healthy and safe working environment.
- Construct organizational communication strategies that effectively engage managers and employees.
Search careers in Human Resources at TCC Career Explorer and visit TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
Students who major in any business program are encouraged to join Phi Beta Lambda. For more information speak to any business faculty or stop by the Student Life office on campus.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study on the Business AAS, Human Resources Option Degree Map.