In addition to preparing students for a wide variety of careers, an English degree builds vital skills in research and evaluation, creative and critical thinking, and effective written communication. The English curriculum immerses students in the diversity of the human experience through the study of literature, creative writing, research, and rhetoric. Students must earn a “C” or better in any course required for the English major.
For More Information Contact:
School of Liberal Arts & Communication
Metro Campus: (918) 595-7064 or go to www.tulsacc.edu/english
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Formulate ideas based on informed reading of texts, their elements, and their contexts.
- Evaluate diverse literary works of various genres, styles, traditions, and movements.
- Use secondary sources in various media.
- Compose clear, focused, convincing, thesis-driven analytical essays.
- Create interpretative arguments based on original thought.
Search careers related to this degree at TCC Career Explorer and visit TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
The English Department selects/oversees student editors for TCC’s online literary journal The Tulsa Review.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study and information on transferring this degree to other colleges and universities on the English Degree Map.