This program provides students with a general education in mathematics, physics, English, engineering drawing, and design as well as specific training in Computer Aided Design Drafting (CADD). Students completing this major will be prepared for exciting careers in the fields of mechanical, structural, electrical, or other graphics communication technologies. Upon completion of this program, the graduate may apply for the ADDA National Examination for certification.
For More Information Contact:
School of Engineering, Aviation, & Public Service
Northeast Campus: (918) 595-7290
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program you will:
- Create manual engineering drawings on the drafting board.
- Create 2-D engineering drawings with computer CAD software.
- Create 3-D solid models with computer CAD software.
- Dimension engineering drawings with computer CAD software and by manual drawing on drafting board.
- Communicate engineering drafting terminology and concepts.
- Perform work in a diverse team environment.
Search careers in this field at Focus 2 Career or schedule an appointment with TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study on the Engineering Technology AAS, Drafting & Design Degree Map.