This program offers a broad education in the principles and practical applications of fire and emergency medical services. Successful students will earn required state and national certifications necessary for securing employment with fire departments, industrial firms, governmental agencies, fire protection companies, healthcare agencies, and emergency medical services agencies. The degree will help prepare graduates for work in many roles in fire and health care agencies as well as other similar occupations.
“The Tulsa Community College Paramedic Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).”
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 US Highway 19 N., Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
Procedures for Application:
Complete all Tulsa Community College application and entry requirements. Requires current National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician certification. Contact a Fire and Emergency Medical services representative for an interview and consultation.
For More Information Contact:
School of Engineering, Aviation, & Public Service
Northeast Campus: (918) 595-7290
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program you will be able to:
- Perform a comprehensive patient assessment.
- Manage all aspects of a trauma and medical emergencies as a team leader.
- Advocate for all patients including those with physical, mental, social, and financial challenges.
- Communicate through written and oral medium as well as interpersonal communication.
- Implement a treatment plan with pathophysiological principles and the assessment finding.
- Defend the need for a culture of safety.
Search careers in this field at Focus 2 Career or schedule an appointment with TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study on the Healthcare Specialist/Paramedic AAS Degree Map.