The French language is spoken by nearly 300 million people around the world. It is the official language in 29 different countries, including France, Switzerland, Belgium, and Canada. For this reason, learning French can be a valuable skill. French can help you in the field of international business and agencies, in the field of tourism and hospitality industries, the diplomatic service, the French-speaking research institutes, teaching, translating or interpreting. Come along with the French program at TCC and “Parlons français ensemble!”
For More Information Contact:
School of Liberal Arts & Communication
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7694
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Communicate orally in a variety of social situations
- Interpret the meaning of written texts
- Interpret discourse on a variety of topics dealing with present, past, and future situations
- Formulate a variety of practical writing needs
- Compare and contrast developments and/or traditions in one’s home, French and Francophone cultures.
Search careers in this field at Focus 2 Career or schedule an appointment with TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
The French Language Association is for any and all students at Tulsa Community College who are interested in learning and studying the French language, history and culture of France and Francophones, as well as discovering ways to use this knowledge.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study and information on transferring this degree to other colleges and universities on the World Languages, French Option Degree Map.