Are you ready for a competitive, challenging, yet rewarding career helping others as a physician, surgeon, dentist, or optometrist? Is attending medical, dental, or optometry school after earning your Bachelor’s degree your goal? If so, TCC is an excellent place to start.
In this program, you’ll receive expert instruction in scientific subjects that are emphasized by medical, dental, and optometry schools such as biology, chemistry, physics, and math as well as English, humanities and the social sciences. When you graduate, you’ll be well-prepared to transfer to a four-year university and pursue your Bachelor’s degree while you finish your prerequisite coursework and begin the process of applying for admission to professional schools.
For More Information Contact: School of Science and Mathematics
Metro Campus: (918) 595-7334 ♦ Northeast Campus: (918) 595-7542
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7742 ♦ West Campus: (918) 595-8193
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Apply core concepts of biology to biological processes.
- Apply the scientific method.
- Illustrate scientific data.
- Integrate concepts from several disciplines around a clinical theme.
- Communicate biological information through oral, written, or digital presentation techniques.
- Discuss issues involving biology in society.
- Use proper laboratory techniques.
- Evaluate scientific literature.
- Explain human pathological conditions in biological terms.
Search careers in this field at Focus 2 Career or schedule an appointment with TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
Great opportunities for networking, professional development, community service, resume-building and just having fun with other like-minded students are available through the Club of Medical and Natural Sciences at the southeast campus and the Sci-π Club at the west campus. For more information, contact the Science and Mathematics or Student Life office on campus.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study and information on transferring this degree to other colleges and universities on the Pre-Dentistry/Pre-Medicine/Pre-Optometry Degree Map.