This program is designed to provide students the opportunity to engage in a hands-on approach to marketing and prepare the student for successful employment in a marketing position. Students will learn the essentials of marketing, how to create professional sales presentations, develop advertising campaigns, write press releases, develop marketing websites, conduct market research and much more. The marketing job market remains strong with high salary potential. Graduates of the program qualify for many marketing career opportunities including assistant buyer, customer service consultant, data analyst, event coordinator, marketing assistant, project manager, sales representative, web designer, graphic editor, and telemarketing representative. The program also allows for marketing internship opportunities.
For More Information Contact:
School of Business and Information Technology
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7639
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Create professional sales presentations that follow the steps involved in personal selling.
- Develop a professional marketing and promotional media plan including the creation of advertising pieces such as television advertising storyboard, billboard ad, magazine advertisement, newspaper advertisement, and promotional pieces.
- Apply marketing theory including the marketing mix, promotional mix, product strategies, pricing strategies, distribution and supply chain management components, and promotional strategies.
- Identify demographic data and examples of market research practices for the American marketplace.
- Use customer service techniques including written and oral presentation of ideas.
- Identify psychological and sociological influences on consumer decision making related to selling, advertising, retailing, and business and marketing strategy.
- Discuss core fundamentals of Human Resources, Management, and Marketing.
- Express enterprise information or ideas through productivity software.
Search careers in Marketing at ONET or schedule an appointment with TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services
Expand your professional network and collaborate with other business students through Phi Beta Lambda. For more information speak to any business faculty or stop by the Student Life office on campus.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study on the Business AAS, Marketing Option Degree Map.