Do you want to understand why people act the way they do? Are you curious about the science behind the human mind and behavior? If you answered yes, then an Associate degree in Psychology might be right for you.
Through your pursuit of an Associate in Arts in Psychology, you will explore topics such as personality theories, social psychology, psychological disorders, motivation, learning, research, and more. Many students who receive an AA in psychology from Tulsa Community College transfer to a four-year college or university to complete their education. TCC works closely with several area colleges and universities to provide a seamless transition.
For More Information Contact:
School of Liberal Arts & Communication
Metro Campus: (918) 595-7064
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Apply psychological principles to individual, interpersonal, group, and societal issues.
- Discuss the basic components of research methods and design.
- Evaluate ethical standards of psychological science and practice.
- Explain individual and cultural diversity and the interpersonal challenges that often result from diversity and context.
- Express ideas in written format that reflect basic psychological concepts and principles.
- Write using the APA style.
- Interpret quantitative data from psychological findings.
Psychology is a very broad field. It has many subdivisions such as, health psychology, sports psychology, clinical psychology, educational psychology, and countless others. In psychology, there is something for everyone! Search careers in this field at Focus 2 Career or schedule an appointment with TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
Take a break from studying and spend time with psychology students and faculty by participating in the Social Sciences club. For more information, ask any Social Sciences faculty or inquire at the Student Life office on any campus.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study and information on transferring this degree to other colleges and universities on the Psychology AA Program Map