The Tulsa Community College Theatre program strives to set the standard of excellence for two-year training programs. The theatre program prepares students for transfer to four-year institutions as a theatre major or to pursue other fields, such as education, business management, or communications, among others, with the kind of experience only a theatre program can provide.
For More Information Contact:
School of Visual and Performing Arts
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7752
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Work collaboratively as an ensemble in a technical or performance field.
- Analyze a play script as it relates to performances that embody the playwright’s and directors intentions.
- Discuss representative and varied scenes and monologues.
- Evaluate the use of body and voice effectively as the actor’s instruments of communication in a scene or monologue.
- Apply the different steps in the process of theatre design and construction.
- Evaluate major developments in theatre from historical, cultural, and stylistic perspectives.
Search careers in this field at Focus 2 Career or schedule an appointment with TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
Theatre majors are encouraged to join Delta Psi Omega. Membership in the local chapter at TCC is open to all theatre majors and theatre students.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study and information on transferring this degree to other colleges and universities on the Theatre AA Program Map