This program is designed to develop the marketable accounting skills necessary to work in the area of income tax, payroll, and accounting support. The program provides upgraded training through theory and hands-on experience using software and tax applications, for those people already employed in the area of accounting or taxation who desire career advancement. It also provides basic accounting, Excel, QuickBooks, and taxation knowledge for effective small business operations for business owners, managers, or employees. The certificate requires a total of 24 credit hours, including in accounting, and 3 hours of Computer Concepts and Applications.
For More Information Contact:
School of Business and Information Technology
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7639
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Compose financial data into an acceptable business format.
- Develop the data used for making financial decisions.
- Apply financial analysis to personal decisions.
- Evaluate the effect of financial decisions on the community.
- Prepare tax returns for individuals and businesses.
- Use Tax return preparation software.
- Use Excel to prepare and communicate financial data.
Search careers in this field at Focus 2 Career or schedule an appointment with TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
For more information speak to any business faculty member or stop by a Student Life office on campus.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study on the Accounting Certificate, Income Tax and Software Specialist Option Program Map .