Digital Media is an interdisciplinary area of study combining computer science, art, video, music, journalism/mass communication, and design. Through the Center for Creativity, digital media specialists prepare for careers in graphic design, advertising, print media, digital photography, animation, digital character development, virtual cinematography, digital video, special effects, print and online reporting, television broadcast production, interactive media, web site development, online instructional technologies and business related to digital arts and entertainment.
For More Information Contact:
School of Visual & Performing Arts
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7752
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify key movements within the history of graphic design.
- Interpret a creative brief.
- Apply the principles and elements of design to various projects.
- Employ tools of the trade, software, and hardware to complete projects.
- Analyze problems using a creative process.
- Critique solutions to a variety of design problems.
- Create a portfolio.
- Operate collaboratively and ethically within a professional environment.
Search careers in Digital Media at TCC Career Explorer and visit TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
Students are encouraged to consider membership in the Art Directors Club of Tulsa. Additional information is available at www.adctulsa.com.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study for the Digital Media Broadcast Production Specialist Concentration or the Graphic Design Specialist Concentration .