Students will be educated in the fundamentals of biology, chemistry and biochemistry with heavy emphasis on a wide range of laboratory procedures. Lab safety, protein isolation and separation techniques, cell culture, molecular biology and recombinant DNA will be covered. Quality control will be addressed as it applies to both a manufacturing and research environment.
For More Information Contact:
School of Science and Mathematics
Southeast Campus: (918) 595-7742
Contact the School of Science and Mathematics or see an academic advisor for recommended course sequence.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Design an experiment.
- Evaluate scientific literature.
- Utilize biotechnology laboratory techniques.
- Apply biochemical principles to processes of biological organization.
- Identify examples of careers and job responsibilities associated with biotechnology.
- Communicate science effectively using written or oral presentation skills.
- Apply responsible conduct of research.
Search careers related to Biotechnology at TCC Career Explorer and visit TCC Career Services to learn more about our free career planning and job preparation services.
Network with other science majors through participation in the Club of Medical and Natural Sciences at the southeast campus or the Sci-π Club at the west campus. For more information speak with your biotechnology professor or inquire at the Student Life office on campus.
View a semester-by-semester course plan of study and information on how this degree transfers to other colleges and universities on the Biotechnology Degree Map .